Business owners often search for ways to boost efficiency and productivity within the workplace. In today’s climate, you need to have proper productivity tools that will help your employees get their job done easily. They need tools that will help them create, communicate, and collaborate. In case you’re looking for an IT solution that will both boost the efficiency of your day-to-day operations and increase employee satisfaction, you should consider doing an Office 365 migration.
What is Microsoft Office 365?
Office 365 refers to a cloud-based model of the popular Microsoft productivity suite. It includes new versions of traditional applications constantly used at countless companies and homes, such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and OneNote.
However, it also includes some outstanding tools for business users. Unlike other versions of this productivity suite, Office 365 is a subscription-based service. This makes it more affordable to small and medium-sized businesses who have to make a small monthly payment to access the service. TechBrain will assist in finding the ideal migration tool and migration service for your organisation’s size.
Notable Office 365 business applications
There is no doubt that you’ll regularly be using the aforementioned traditional applications available in the Office 365 productivity suite. There are also other very interesting Office applications that you could use, such as:
- Microsoft Teams: If you want to provide your employees an easy way to chat with each other and hold virtual meetings, you should introduce them to Microsoft Teams. This app allows 10,000 people to connect to a single video conference, regardless of how many different places they’re in. Microsoft Teams is an excellent application that can encourage your staff to collaborate more frequently.
- Microsoft Planner: Using Microsoft Planner is a simple way to increase organisation at the workplace. You can use this tool to create, assign, and track tasks from the moment they’re assigned to completion. Microsoft Planner boasts an impressive visual layout that allows users to easily see who’s working on which task.
- Power Apps: This is an impressive application that allows you to create apps without having to write any code. You can create apps that interact with data from both on-premises and cloud sources. TechBrain technicians in Perth can also help create apps specifically for your business to boost your overall productivity.
- Power Automate: Are there any repetitive tasks that you have to do even though they take up a lot of your time? Thanks to Power Automate, you don’t have to do these tasks anymore. This application allows you to automate repetitive processes.
- Microsoft Forms: You can quickly gather data by using Microsoft Forms to create polls, surveys, and questionnaires in a matter of minutes. This application also allows you to track responses in real time.
These are just some of the Office apps that can have a positive effect on your business. In case your employees don’t have experience using them, our IT help desk support experts will train them. We offer Office 365 consulting services to any company that wants to get the most out of this productivity suite.
Reasons to migrate to Office 365
The integrated experience offers several advantages to companies operating normal business hours, and to those who operate 24/7. With all round availability and greater convenience, businesses are able to offer a better service to their clients, putting them a step above their competitors. But that’s not the only reason to migrate to a cloud solution like Office 365. Here’s why you should think about migrating to this productivity suite:
- You will be able to easily access your data from any device, including your phone, tablet, and computer.
- You’ll continue to use your own email domain even though you won’t need a physical server.
- Since Office 365 is a subscription-based service, you won’t have to worry about getting new versions of the suite. Instead, the service gets upgraded every once in a while by Microsoft. These updates often include new apps.
- You will have a lot of free space that you can use. Your OneDrive storage will be one terabyte once you migrate to the cloud.
- Office 365 migration is a very affordable option for small and medium-sized businesses who don’t want to spend a lot of money on a productivity suite.
Benefits of Microsoft Office 365 migration
Even if you’re already using a cloud-based productivity suite like G Suite, you can still benefit from migrating to Office 365. If you’d like to know more about our G Suite to Office 365 migration services, you should get in touch with us. Of course, we can also migrate your data even if you’re not using a cloud-based suite. In case you’re considering whether you should start the migration process, here’s how it would affect your business:
- The great thing about 365 migration is that all of your files will be stored in the cloud. That means you’ll only need to have internet connectivity to access your data. You can use your Mac, PC, Windows, Android, or iOS device to create, edit, and share files with your employees. Office 365 is the perfect solution for companies that have remote employees based in various locations.
- You will be able to save money because you won’t need on-site servers. Office 365 runs in the cloud, which means that you won’t need servers for your website or to store documents. Getting rid of your servers will help you clear out office space and reduce your energy bills.
- There are a number of safety features offered in Office 365, such as advanced threat analytics, multi-factor authentication, and email encryption. You can also use Microsoft’s Data Loss Prevention policy to protect sensitive data from getting stolen.
- Collaboration is incredibly easy when you’re using Office 365. Your employees can simultaneously make contributions to the same files and observe real-time changes. This feature helps you avoid making multiple versions of the same file, which can be confusing to your staff.
- Regardless of accidents or disasters that occur at your workplace, you will be able to resume business as usual if you migrated to Office 365. Your files will be stored in the cloud and backed up regular
Migrating to cloud services can be a complicated process if you and your staff aren’t familiar with this process. We’re aware that a lot of our clients don’t know how to reap the full benefits of this productivity suite, which is why we also offer Office 365 consulting. Let our technicians in Perth come in and explain to your employees how to get the most out of Office 365.
Are you interested in learning more about Office 365 migration? Contact us today to find out how this migration can transform your business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our IT support experts in Perth can quickly help you migrate to Office 365. Contact us so that we can create a migration plan for your company.