However, a vulnerability assessment is only as good as the security experts who design and execute it. Effective IT vulnerability assessment requires proven methods created by security experts.
TechBrain’s IT experts and their partners have in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the latest threats and the skills available to mitigate those threats. Together with our partners we will help you identify the risks before hackers do, which will greatly improve the security of your corporate network.
When you do not have the internal resources and want a risk management partner to do a thorough vulnerability assessment, TechBrain can provide an IT security team with unparalleled expertise.
What our Security assessment includes:
We can review and provide you with:
- An executive summary of the main findings
- A detailed report and recommended measures to resolve all vulnerabilities; and
- A comprehensive list of key recommendations and indicators related to risks and remedial measures
In addition to the above, our and our partners experienced vulnerability assessment professionals undertake:
- Penetration testing of customers’ networks and services
- Perform security assessments on third-party services and software
- Internal and external vulnerability services
- External penetration testing for security vulnerabilities
- Internal penetration testing for security holes
- Web application testing services
Our IT security assessment process
TechBrain’s experts and partners use industry-standard assessment tools and manual attack techniques designed to discover vulnerabilities that are not normally found with automated vulnerability scanning alone. Since our tests are performed by professional ethical hackers with extensive experience in incident response, from an attacker’s perspective, you will gain valuable, objective insights.
In addition to reporting the vulnerabilities discovered, TechBrain also provides remediation guidance and risk scoring to ensure that your team has the necessary information to prioritise remediation measures.
Our vulnerability scanning team can test your:
- Mobile devices
- Website, and
- Web application
How IT security audits work
TechBrain’s IT Security Assessment process uses advanced scanning software to detect real-time risks to your company’s infrastructure. We also identify new internal and external vulnerabilities, and prevent unauthorised access
Our qualified IT experts and our partners can review the results of the vulnerability scan to provide a report outlining key recommendations and tips for neutralising threats. We cover the following aspects:
- Determine the systems and processes that pose a security risk before an attacker can identify them
- Create a list of all devices in the corporate network, including system information
- Determine the predefined risk level that exists on the network.
- Compile a list of all devices in the business to help with future updates and future IT vulnerability testing
After the vulnerability scan is completed, our team of experts will analyse the findings and provide a set of feasible priority recommendations to improve your information security. Applying our expert vision to thousands of pages of data, we highlight key security issues that must be addressed and provide you with plans for continuous improvement over time.
We have expertise in IT vulnerability testing and can select and calibrate the best tools for your unique industry and IT systems. We will also work with your internal IT department to coordinate a schedule of vulnerability scans that will not interrupt important systems or services.
Why you should perform security assessments
Regular vulnerability assessments help organisations in the following ways:
- Stay one step ahead of attackers Determine the level of security exposure before a potential attacker does.
- Improve your security measures Maintain an effective set of measures to detect, prevent, respond to or mitigate potential attacks, and strive to maintain the best state of security to achieve your organisation’s vision of success.
- Discover and secure Ensure the safety of all network devices and apps on-site or in the cloud with our cloud computing services.
- Reduce cost and boost productivity Reduce the risk of excessive cost and productivity loss caused by attacks.
- Equal opportunity Helps small businesses (whose limited resources make them prime targets by cyber attackers) reduce and manage their threat environment.
- Privacy and personal data security Trust is vital to employees, suppliers, and customers, and exposure time to potential threats must be reduced.
Network risk assessment
TechBrain can also perform network vulnerability assessments, which includes the following:
- Reviewing the backup process (including testing and reconstruction to ensure that the backup is valid)
- User access control and user authorisation locks
- Threat containment
- Password control
- Script execution block
- Suitability of firewalls for servers and workstations
- Manage unified threats
- Endpoint protection against zero-day threats and ransomware
By analysing potentially vulnerable systems, TechBrain can help reduce major security incidents, and can manage and update your security settings according to industry standards. Our vulnerability analysis uses advanced tools and simplified processes, so you can immediately understand the types of vulnerabilities facing your network.
If anything we’ve discussed above has raised concerns about how secure your IT infrastructure is, please contact us for a no-obligation discussion. It’s always better to know where you stand than ignore the issue!