The productivity of your employees in part depends on the type of technology you use for communication and collaboration. In case you’re a small or medium-sized business you may be hesitant to spend money on a technology that’s used for communication. But what if that very same technology could help increase efficiency and productivity within your organisation? Let us introduce you to the VoIP phone system and explain how using it could benefit your business.
What is VoIP?
In essence, VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is a technology that digitises voice signals and sends that information through an IP network. What this allows you to do is make affordable calls locally and internationally. VoIP services also provide you with a list of other benefits that you can’t get from traditional phones.
Although using the VoIP phone technology is not complicated, setting up such a system is a complex process. Nevertheless, you can count on us to do it for you. Considering our high number of satisfied customers, we believe that we are the best VoIP service in Perth. Keep on reading if you would like to find out more about how the VoIP phone system works.
How does VoIP work?
Using your internet connection as a medium to transmit voice data from your phone, laptop or desktop, the data is converted into a digital signal which is effortlessly received to any VoIP phone or device which is data-driven. Traditionally, sound would pass through a normal telephone, but with VoIP, sound passes through a digital connection (e.g. a router) to the end-user. VoIP providers set this all up for you and provide you with the relevant information needed to use the service.
This technology enables companies to communicate digitally with other corporations. Enhancing the company’s capability to easily reach key stakeholders, clients or suppliers, business can be done at any time. This provides companies freedom and flexibility – much-needed advantages for businesses operating in fast-paced, technology-driven industries.
Top VoIP features for business
VoIP allows you to communicate with others at an affordable price. However, that’s not the only reason you should consider using this technology. If you contact us to do VoIP installation for your company, you will get a number of features that you can enjoy. Here are some of the best features of VoIP phone systems:
- Music on hold: In case your employees are often on the line with customers, it’s useful to have a feature like this. Music on hold enables you to choose what your callers will listen to while they wait.
- Video conferencing: Virtual meetings have become increasingly popular in the last few years, especially among businesses that have remote teams. The great thing about VoIP is that it has a video conferencing feature. You can use the VoIP solution to host virtual meetings with multiple people.
- Call recording: It’s sometimes important to record certain conversations, especially for your employees in sales and customer service departments. You can set up the call recording feature to save conversations company-wide or on an individual and on-demand basis.
- Voicemail to email transcription: Going through your voicemails can sometimes be a hassle, especially if you’re busy. With the voicemail to email transcription feature, you’ll be able to read transcribed versions of your voicemail at your leisure. What’s also great about this feature is that it enables you to save and organize all of your voicemails in a way that’s easy to access.
- Automated attendant: This is without a doubt one of the best VoIP features for businesses. It will make your company look more professional, since the auto attendant will serve as your electronic receptionist. Your callers will be able to choose the extension they want to be redirected to using an interactive menu.
Benefits of VoIP for business
TechBrain specializes in providing business VoIP services to small and medium-sized organisations. We’re among the top VoIP providers in Australia and we recommend this technology to every business owner. Of course, you shouldn’t start using VoIP just because you heard it from us. Take a look at some of the benefits of VoIP for your business.
- Lower costs: Are you tired of spending a lot of your money on the phone bill? In case you’re in frequent contact with people all across the globe, you should use the VoIP system. The call cost for both domestic and international cost is very low when you’re using VoIP. Keep in mind that VoIP handsets also cost less than traditional phones.
- Portability: One of the best things about the VoIP business phone system is that you can use it anywhere in the world, as long as you have a broadband connection. Simply log in to your VoIP phone and you will be able to use it.
- Functionality: Using a landline to communicate with your clients and customers is great if you’re at the office. But what if you travel abroad for an important business trip? VoIP phones allow you to conduct video conferencing no matter where you are. This will help you hold meetings with your clients even when you’re away.
- Scalability: When you’re a small or medium-sized business there’s no telling how many phone lines you may need in the near future. If you start rapidly growing as a company, you may need more lines than you anticipated. This is an issue that you won’t have to worry about if you use VoIP phones. Our VoIP solutions will ensure that you can create a new line quickly whenever you want to.
- Security:VoIP is a great tool to improve your business’s IT security – more so than traditional analogue telephones. This technology uses encryption protocols to protect your data. This is a feature that’s not available for traditional phones.
There are even more benefits you can enjoy by using VoIP for business. Contact us today to find out how this technology could have a positive impact on your company.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you interested to find out more about how VoIP could help your business? Contact us to learn more information about this amazing technology.